Welcome to Buenos Aires 2013!
The STMS Board has provided for the first time, the organization of the highest educational event to a Latin American country.
The Nixus Foundation and the Argentine Tennis Association will organize the XIIIº World Congress in Buenos Aires from 21 to 23 February 2013, in conjunction with the "Argentine ATP Open Championship" at the Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club. The congress will meet doctors, physiotherapists, and leading scientists from around the world with the most renowned local professionals.
Message from the President:
Tennis Medicine has significantly evolved in the last years. This meeting is an excellent opportunity to expand your scientific knowledge through a direct and close interaction with the most renowned international specialists.
Make your plans to visit Buenos Aires in summer, watch and play outdoor tennis, and update your expertise in this field.
Meet the expert in Buenos Aires 2013!
Javier Maquirriain MD, PhD
"The future is not what is going to happen;
the future is what we are going to do"
Jorge Luis Borges (1899-1986)
1) To present results of recent research in the field of sports medicine
2) To review in-depth selected areas of sports medicine while presenting the state of the art in several topics
3) To discuss specific difficult problems facing the tennis physician
4) To exchange ideas with experts and peers in sports medicine care.
5) To provide the opportunity to strengthen professional relationships